Incredible transformation of a dark, cramped kitchen into a light, airy, and spacious kitchen that works.
My clients celled me in to help them lay out and design new kitchen space. They were all ready ahead of the game with their dream kitchen look all ready figured out from magazines. They also had specific needs already figured out.
- Family friendly kitchen that also works well to entertain.
- Laundry room
- wrapping stations
- area to store school work
- powder room
The house was your typical colonial, walk in the front door formal dining room on right, formal living room on left with center stair/hallway. In the back of the house is where the kitchen was located with poor layout and dark. Wasted space in front of the sliders where a breakfast table was located but never felt right.
The entrance where you came in from the garage was huge wasted space and non functioning. Plus it had another front door so people were always confused to which door to use.
What we did:
- Blow away the wall between the kitchen and dining room and opened everything up.
- Put a French door where the slider was moved the slider in to the mudroom. Now they have an entrance straight to the bathroom from the pool.
- Added in laundry room/wrapping station.
- Built in mudroom storage.
- Got rid of the funny front door now it is very clear where guest go.
- Relocated powder room
- Bumped out indentation from where 2nd front entrance was.
If you'd like help creating a kitchen you absolutely love, contact me about our design services.